Updated November 2021
Kindly note that by interacting with us, which includes, but is not limited to your visiting our website, you consent to us collecting and using your Personal Data and disclosing such data to our authorised service providers and relevant third parties where necessary.
How We Collect Information About You
We collect information in two ways:
- When you make use of our website, we may automatically collect or generate information about you (see ‘Use of Website’).
- When you interact with us through email, phone, electronic form submission, webpage, instant messaging, face-to-face interaction and/or other forms of communication, we may collect personal information about you.
Use of Website
When you visit www.real-bookstore.com, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small strings of data stored in your hard drive that enable our website to identify your browser as a previous visitor by means of a unique number tag. By storing your preferences and other session information, we are then able to enhance your future browsing experiences. Cookies also help us improve the functionality and performance of our website. Our cookies do not access, read or modify any other data on your computer. While many internet browsers automatically accept cookies, you may configure yours to erase all cookies from your hard drive, block all cookies or notify you before a cookie is stored.
When you visit our website, we also collect information including but not limited to the IP address of your computer; web pages that you access within the Service; geographic information; a unique user ID; the type of browser, device or operating system you use; referring services or websites; search information; and usage and browsing information.
What Personal Information We Collect
Here are the points at which your information will be collected, as well as the purposes for doing so:
- When you make a purchase, either on our website or through email or in-person enquiry, and/or when you opt in to subscribe to our mailing list, the mandatory details collected are:
- First name and last Name - For identification
- Contact number - To contact you on delivery/invoicing arrangements
- E-mail address – To contact you on your delivery, send soft copies of invoices, delivery orders and/or receipts and/or update you on new products or provide updates on products you have purchased
- Billing address - To send payment details, delivery orders invoices and/or receipts
- Street address - To ensure the delivery of purchased items
- Credit card details - To process payment. www.real-bookstore.com is a secure website and credit card information will not be stored. We are not responsible for details stored by your personal internet browser.
- When you make an enquiry, either by email, phone, electronic form, instant messaging, face-to-face interaction and/or other forms of communication, the mandatory details collected are:
- First name and Last name - For identification
- Contact number and Email address - To contact you regarding your enquiry or purchase
- Name of organisation – To follow up on your enquiry or purchase and/or provide after-sale services
- Nature of your enquiry and all other information you voluntarily disclose to us – To follow up on your enquiry and/or provide after-sales services
How We Store the Information We Collect
The information we collect is stored in computer databases that we own, maintain and operate. Access to our computer servers is controlled by firewalls and security gatekeepers targeted to protect unauthorised access, use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you provide.
Do note that we use a third party hosting server for all transactions for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments. Our third party service providers are bound by confidentiality obligations to keep all data confidential. We do not store any credit card information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information collected to expedite your order and improve your browsing and shopping experience. We also aggregate information about our website statistics to improve our products and services.
We also use your information to provide you with updates on new product releases, product updates, special promotions, or materials that seem in line with your preferences.
We may also use the information to find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services, verify incomplete orders, rectify problems or delays with your orders or otherwise communicate with you concerning your transactions with us.
How to Update your Personal Information or Unsubscribe
You may reach us through our ‘Contact’ page to update your personal information with us or opt out of receiving communications from R.E.A.L. English. Please give us 5 working days to process your request.
To access information we hold about you, please write to our Data Protection Officer at the address provided below. We may charge a reasonable administrative fee to retrieve and supply the information. Where permitted by law, we may deny your request and provide an explanation.
Disclosing or Sharing the Personal Information Collected
Please be informed that your personal information may be disclosed without notice if required by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any legal processes served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, and/or protect the personal safety of our customers, website users or the public.
We will only retain your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Should you have questions, requests or concerns regarding how we process and your personal information, you may reach us through our ‘Contact’ page or mail us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Resources for English Academic Learning (R.E.A.L. English) LLP
1 Irving Place, The Commerze @ Irving, #08-01